Sunshine Retirement Living Points Assertion Relating to Elevated COVID-19 Prevention Protocols
BIEGE, ore., March 20, 2020 / PRNewswire / – As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves and affects the country and the world, Sunshine Retirement Living (www.sunshineret.com), a Bend, OregonThe family-owned, family-owned senior housing company continues to be uniquely and relentlessly focused on preventing the virus from spreading to its 32 leading independent living, assisted living, and memory communities in 16 states across the country. Luis Serrano, CEO of Sunshine Retirement Living, today made the following statement regarding the company’s tightened infection prevention protocols:
“We are all aware of the extraordinary impact the coronavirus is having on our communities and our country at large. Today I want to assure you that we are uniquely focused on the health and wellbeing of our residents and our employees.
Since day one at Sunshine Retirement Living, our strict health and safety policies, implemented by our highly professional caregivers, frontline staff and management teams, have continued to be a top priority. I am pleased to announce that we have not yet had any cases of coronavirus in residents or employees in any of our communities.
We are in constant contact with the CDC (www.cdc.gov) and state and local health authorities for the most up-to-date information on how to care for and protect our seniors and their carers. We will continue to do this tirelessly. However, this crisis can only be overcome with the support of all. I personally ask you today to remain calm but vigilant, to stay in constant communication with our local management teams and to keep your own standards of hygiene and social isolation at the highest possible level.
In response to the crisis, here are the key, critical protocols Sunshine Retirement Living is implementing in our communities:
- Residents who may be feeling sick or showing symptoms are asked to stay in their homes and notify their community health management team, who are following all CDC protocols to prevent the spread of disease.
- Visits to each of our assisted living and memory maintenance communities are restricted to protect our most vulnerable seniors.
- Visitors to our Independent Living Communities are restricted according to CDC guidelines. Everyone entering the community is screened on the doorstep, including residents and staff.
- To alleviate the stress in this situation, our communities are helping to enable video conferencing and other virtual communication tools between residents and relatives.
- To enable social distancing, we hand-deliver homemade meals to residents in our Independent Living communities three times a day and encourage in-room activities to limit face-to-face contact. Restaurants and activities in our memory care communities will persist as these communities are in restricted mode.
- In order to maintain our top priority for health and safety in every community, we are in the process of hiring and training more staff, especially among those who have recently lost their jobs due to this unprecedented crisis.
- It is important that we still open our doors to new residents who need our help and are looking for a new home. However, all tours are digital, and additional rigorous screening procedures are put in place for new residents to ensure everyone stays as safe as possible.
- It is likely that some of our valued employees have been economically affected by this pandemic and I want to help where I can. Over the next three months, I will donate 50% of my salary to directly help employees who are facing extreme financial hardship due to this crisis. I will review each of these difficulties on a case-by-case basis to determine how best to help.
Our company has 32 different churches in 16 states, but today and in the months ahead, we must come together as one church in this country of compassion, empathy, and mutual support. We will continue to intensify our communications to keep you informed of any developments as this crisis evolves. I also recommend that you contact our local management teams if you have any questions.
Stay safe. Stay healthy. And stay vigilant. And please know that our team is more committed than ever to people, passion and excellence. Thank you for your support”
About Sunshine Retirement Living
Based in Bend over, ore.Sunshine Retirement Living manages 32 retirement communities in 16 states and offers senior housing, independent living, assisted living, and memory maintenance. Sunshine Retirement Living is a family business with over 20 years of experience in the senior housing industry. Sunshine Retirement Living’s mission is to be the preferred senior housing provider that delivers value, choice and independence while promoting health and social interaction that exceeds residents’ expectations and enriches the lives of residents for both residents and employees . By providing meals, housekeeping, activities, transportation, utilities, and in-house management staff, Sunshine Retirement Living continues to create an unparalleled sense of community in any property. For more information, please visit www.SunshineRet.com or @SunshineRetirementLiving.
SOURCE Sunshine Retirement Living